As part of a DevOps team you will be supporting, designing, building and automating the Oracle environment. Products supported within that environment include Oracle databases, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Engineered Systems.
You engineer the solution to be compliant with the regulatory requirements and take care of embedding the solution into the Rabobank Infrastructure and code automation environment.
A part of the workload will be developing the infrastructure to support our CI/CD pipeline based on products such as Git, Jenkins, Ansible and Python and make it available to customers.
Your day-to-day activities range from actual engineering the pipeline and coding automation scripts, but also engineering new or adapted solutions for our banking organization. As part of a self-steering service delivery team you are responsible for the operation of our Oracle database infrastructure, which is mostly delivered on Oracle Exadata and a small number on commodity hardware. Keeping our environments, standards and documents up to date is part of the job. Supporting crucial banking applications for both Dutch Retail and Global Wholesale business. The bank demands high quality, continuity and stability for 7x24. As part of the role you sometimes will need to work outside office hours during standby shifts.
You work closely together with other DevOps teams and the Product Owner.
Who are you
- You are an experienced (at least 3 years) Oracle DBA with extensive security knowledge and like to work in a DevOps team in a complex environment
- You love automation challenges and really like connecting engineering with operational/delivery issues.
- You get enthusiastic when talking about (test-) automation options (Ansible, Python, API’s, Rest, PyTest, Rspec or other). But also a simple task automation will have your full attention
- You understand that the “Cloud” will be a very large part of any infrastructure solution
- You see the big-picture but like to go in the details to solve complex integration issues
- You are a team player, but also a self-starter/self-organizing and resilient
- You love to give and receive constructive feedback, since continuous improvement is one of your drivers.
What you bring
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS Technology stack products
- Extensive knowledge of Oracle Exadata and ZFS
- Good knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Good knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Linux and virtualization
- Extensive experience with automation (Ansible, Git, Jenkins and Python)
- Preferable working experience with Arcsight, Splunk and Qualys
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Oracle Internet Directory, LDAP
- Knowledge of Networking
- Knowledge of Storage configurations
And the following competence related qualities:
- Experience with DevOps, Scrum, working in an agile way
- Client focused
- Compliancy and standards focussed
- Taking Initiative
- Being critical /contentious
- Collaborative attitude
- Willing to work on-site as part of a team sharing knowledge and experience
- You possess good communication skills and are transparent about your work within the team
- English language needs to be at proficient level
What we offer
- Working in the highly skilled and motivated DevOps Oracle team
- A top of the bill and interesting technical environment
- In a dynamic organization that is changing rapidly
- Flexible working hours and working from home (in consultation)
- The chance to support high profile and crucial banking applications for both Dutch Retail and Global Wholesale business.
Please send us your resume and motivation and we will get back to you asap to discuss the process and role.
Apply for "Oracle DevOps Engineer"
Your CV must ba a .doc, .pdf, .docx, and not bigger than 3Mb.